Thursday, March 7, 2013

Mexican Splurge = New Goal

Since I've been feeling extra fat the past 2 weeks, (that weekend at my sister's really threw me off) I've decided to try and only eat my allotted points per day and not use any reserve / weekly points. I want to see if it makes a difference and helps me lose a little more this week. That's going to be really hard for me. I almost always use a few throughout the weekend. But I am determined to do this.

This new goal is also in part due to my splurge last Friday at Dos Arcos, a delicious hole in the wall Mexican place with orgasmic food. I ate my weight in tortilla chips and queso. I don't even know what the hell was wrong with me, it was like I had ZERO self control. I had an enchilada (chicken) and a chile relleno (I did pull off most of the breading) also. It was just overload. I felt like shit afterwards, but now that I've had my restaurant splurge out of my system, I feel much more motivated to make better choices. It's strange how that works.

I honestly feel like if you are dreaming, craving, wanting so badly for a month, SOMETHING, just go eat the damn thing. Track it. Be honest. Just get it out of your system. It really really helps to re-motivate you. Weight loss doesn't work if you always feel like you're depriving yourself. Give in once in awhile. It probably won't taste as good as you remember anyways. And you might just feel like shit and say, "well that wasn't worth it." But that's how we learn. That nasty splurge has jump started my diet commitment again. And sometimes thats what it takes. If I deprive myself long enough, I find that I "cheat" more (I don't ever eat things and not track them. But I will go ahead and use those extra points for stupid shit like a piece of candy I don't need) and have extra this and that throughout the week. That one splurge day fixes all that bull throughout the week.  Nothing is easy about losing weight. That's why we splurge on Mexican food sometimes. But I'm, back on the wagon. And that's what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment