Monday, March 11, 2013

Spring Forward...More Like Everyone be a Zombie at Work

So my goal for this week was to calm down on using my extra points on the weekends. I did ok...Not my best, but still an improvement! I've only used 8 reserve points this entire week! This is really good for me, especially after the last couple of weekends...(mexi splurge and DC weekend)

Friday we had fish at this lovely old people restaurant...I had broiled whitefish and shrimp and a sweet potato. Yum! Saturday night we went to Olive Garden. I had the Venetian Apricot chicken (only 10pp!), salad, and I just really couldn't help sharing the lemon cream cake with boyfriend. It was 2 for $25, and it was either dessert or fried/carb-laden bullshit appetizer. I figured at least the lightness of the cake would be better than fried cheese in mah mouth. Sunday we ate at home, having some yum homemade low-fat pizzas and salad.  So that's my weekend food in a nutshell. The usual fruit, eggs, whole wheat toast, etc for breakfast.

Now, exercise. Addie and I did our two miles on Thursday and then tonight I did about 2.3. That makes my exercising about 3 times per week. I want to get 5 this week and am determined to do that. I've also added proper crunches into my workout mix. I do 100 each day I walk. I need to get the jiggles out of my Pillsbury doughboy gut. I feel good when it's done and am finding that I've stopped dreading my mileage after work. I attribute 60% of this to Addie's new leash. We got her a new pink (of course) flexi leash....aka God's gift to all 40lb+ puppy owners. No more yanking makes for a much more enjoyable walk for all of us. Saturday I was going to walk, but we went to Sam's Club AND Wal-Mart because we are stupid and I think all that walking and crazy people diverting was enough. Plus sleeping in won out. Sunday I went to see Jesus and was extra tired from the time change. Plus I had stupid work to do and that is never motivating.

We also snapped some candid family photos while playing around with the MacBook. 


The above was take one. Clearly very special.


Take two. Normal, but not as fun.


I also am working on some art/craft/decorating projects! I'll be putting up some pictures soon of my handiwork and Boyfriend's wall hammering skills. GO TEAM.

Today at work, my beautiful life-saving colleague asked me "Have you lost weight? I can tell!" That was gratifying. The first time someone other than myself, Boyfriend, or my poodle has noticed. I haven't seen her regularly since Christmas, so that was really nice to hear. Motivation to keep it up and not give it up. 

Happy Monday, it's Teen Mom night! WOMP. 




No comments:

Post a Comment